Pensieve is hosting this week's Fun Monday. Our assignment:
- please share words that inspire and motivate you--brief or bloviatory, silly or serious, from great world leaders to last night's Comedy Central...from a Hallmark greeting card to your favorite book. Choose one, choose many; let the quotes stand on their own or tell where you first read or heard them and how they affected you. There's a lot of leeway with how this topic can be handled.
Without further ado!
[First the dog quotes. This is a dog blog.]
- In the eyes of a dog I see God.
I wrote a story about this. I will post it here someday.
I was fortunate - hugely so - to have been able to meet Roger Caras, and to get to know his lovely family a little. He has two of my favorite quotes
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.
And Abraham Lincoln gave us:
- I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
And then there is Mark Twain. I adore Mark Twain.
- It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.
- Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
- Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.
- Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Noise proves nothing. Often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she laid an asteroid.
Don't you just love Mark Twain? I do. I just love him.
go visit the rest of the Fun Monday participants Pensieve 's blog for some more great quotes!